VITA is accepting registrations for directly and materially affected parties who are interested in participating as a member of a VITA Consensus Body. You do not have to be a VITA member to participate in this Consensus Body. VITA members with active Workspace profiles should sign up in Workspace.
VITA Members can sign up for free (while logged into their account) while non-members must pay a nominal fee to participate. The response deadline to register for this consensus body is: July 17, 2023
Stabilized Maintenance of Existing Standard
Under ANSI rules after 5 years of a standard being reaffirmed, a standard may enter a 10 year stabilized maintenance period. There have been no requests for revision or errata for this standard in question, hence it is recommended that it be maintained in stabilized maintenance state.
Voter registration for voting for ANSI recognition of the following standards for the stabilized maintenance (SM) process is now open.
ANSI/VITA 46.3-2012 (R2018) - Serial RapidIO on VPX Fabric Connector
Abstract: The objectives of this standard are to assign Serial RapidIO ports to the VPX P1/J1 connector and to provide rules and recommendations for the use of the assigned Serial RapidIO ports.
How to Apply for the Consensus Body
Currently, this consensus body needs voting members from the following interest categories in order to be able to proceed with this process. The consensus body will be vetted to ensure it meets balance, lack of dominance and openness rules. Following which a formal ballot will be sent to the consensus body for voting.
- Producer: An appropriate participant designs, develops, or manufactures products using this standard.
- User-Industrial/Commercial: An appropriate participant is using this standard in an industrial or commercial application
- User-Government/Military: An appropriate participant is a representative of a government agency using this standard in a government or military application.
- Research: An appropriate participant is involved in research or consulting that may use this standard.
- General Interest: An appropriate participant is an interested party not necessarily involved in producing, directly using, or acquiring product using this standard.
Please note that company membership in VITA is NOT a requirement to join this consensus body. This registration is open to both VITA members and non-members. You must register via this form if you wish to participate in the upcoming ballot. VITA Members can sign up for free (while logged into their account) while non-members must pay a nominal fee to participate.
In the case that you believe this standard needs a revision, please indicate so in the comments field of the registration form and be prepared to sponsor and actively participate in the revision effort. If you are selected for the consensus body, you may provide minor editorial comments during the balloting.
Please register ONLY IF you intend to vote.
The VITA policies and ANSI Function can be found on our governance page at http://www.vita.com/Governance.