VITA is accepting registrations to be a member of a public review VITA Consensus Body for voting to revise this standard. You do not have to be a VITA member to participate in this Consensus Body. The response deadline to register for this consensus body is: October 25, 2021
Revision of Existing Standard
Under ANSI and VITA rules every 5 years an approved standard must be reaffirmed, revised, placed in stabilized maintenance or withdrawn. This standard has been revised, hence it has been put forth for approval of the revisions.
DRAFT/VITA 46.11-2021x: System Management on VPX Standard
Abstract: This standard defines a framework for System Management in VPX systems. It enables interoperability within the VPX ecosystem at the Field Replaceable Unit (FRU), chassis and system levels. The framework is based on the Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) specification and leverages many concepts and definitions from the AdvancedTCA® (ATCA®) specification by PICMG®.
How to Apply for the Consensus Body
Currently, this consensus body needs voting members from the following interest categories in order to be able to proceed with this process. The consensus body will be vetted to ensure it meets balance, lack of dominance and openness rules. Following which a formal ballot will be sent to the consensus body for voting.
- Producer: An appropriate participant designs, develops, or manufactures products using this standard.
- User-Industrial/Commercial: An appropriate participant is using this standard in an industrial or commercial application
- User-Government/Military: An appropriate participant is a representative of a government agency using this standard in a government or military application.
- Research: An appropriate participant is involved in research or consulting that may use this standard.
- General Interest: An appropriate participant is an interested party not necessarily involved in producing, directly using, or acquiring product using this standard.
Please note that company membership in VITA is not a requirement to join this consensus body. This registration is open to both VITA members and non-members. You must register via this form if you wish to participate in the upcoming ballot. There is no fee to join this consensus body.
In the case that you believe this standard needs a revision, please indicate so in the comments field of the registration form and be prepared to sponsor and actively participate in the revision effort. If you are selected for the consensus body, you may provide minor editorial comments during the balloting.
Please register ONLY IF you intend to vote.
The VITA policies and ANSI Function can be found on our governance page at http://www.vita.com/Governance.